Theo-24 Crproduct description
Theo-24 Cr is a drug used in the treatment of bronchial asthma and bronchospasm (a sharp narrowing of the bronchus lumen) of various causes (mainly for relieving seizures), increased pressure in the vessels of the lungs, and in cardiac asthma, especially when seizures are accompanied by bronchospasm and disorders of respiration according to the Cheyne-Stokes type.
The drug is also recommended for the following purposes:
• relief (removal) of cerebral vascular crises (crises of cerebral vessels) of atherosclerotic origin and improvement of cerebral circulation,
• the decrease in intracranial pressure and cerebral edema in ischemic stroke (acute cerebrovascular accident).
In addition, Theo-24 Cr is used to treat chronic cerebral circulatory failure and improve blood flow in the kidneys.
The drug may be given intravenously and intramuscularly. Theo-24 Cr is not recommended to be given under the skin since it can cause severe tissue irritation.
Theo-24 Cr safety information
Theo-24 Cr has a small number of contraindications and is forbidden to intake if the patient has problems with the circulatory system and heart, namely:
• sharply lowered arterial pressure,
• paroxysmal tachycardia,
• extrasystole, epilepsy,
• heart failure, especially associated with myocardial infarction,
• Coronary insufficiency (inadequacy of blood flow along the cardiac arteries of the heart's need for oxygen),
• heart rhythm disturbances.
As for the effect of the drug on the state of driving, there is no such information, which makes it possible to assume that it does not affect the reaction.
Taking the drug during pregnancy is necessary only if the health benefits of the mother exceed the level of health benefits for the child. Otherwise, the reception of Theo-24 Cr should not be kept, as it can cause an overdose in the fetus. In this case, experts say about the third trimester of pregnancy.
Reception Theo-24 Cr is allowed for lactation but is not recommended for children under three years old.
The drug should be taken exactly as prescribed by the doctor; otherwise, you can cause an overdose, which is very dangerous for health and life.
Symptoms of the overdose of Theo-24 Cr are as follows:
• severe tachycardia;
• Redness of the face;
• anxiety increased nervous excitability;
• excessive motor activity;
• violation of information perception;
• nausea and vomiting with blood;
• Frequent urge to urinate and sweating profusely.
In this case, it is necessary to rinse the stomach immediately. Or to conduct hemodialysis.
Theo-24 Cr side effects
The first thing to remember: taking the drug at the same time with drinks that contain caffeine can lead to completely unexpected side effects, so you will have to refuse coffee and similar drinks.
The first thing you should do before you start taking Theo-24 Cr is to consult a doctor since the drug can cause mild side effects, among which there were digestive disorders, with intravenous injection - dizziness and lowering of blood pressure, headache, palpitations, convulsions. If the drug was administered rectally, irritation of the rectal mucosa is sometimes observed.